Thanks to Whoa Wren for sharing this great Vegan MoFo survey!
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Pacific Natural Foods Vanilla Oat Milk. It is beyond nommy.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Slather it in caramel baby.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
It was back when I was a meat eater. I don’t even want to get into it, but do you remember that scene in Bridget Jones when she dyed her pot of soup blue? Mine was something like that.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Ye ol’ cucumbers.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I do a lot of internet searches and then if I really love something and think I’ll make it a lot, I write it down and add it to my cookbook.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash and garbage disposal. I wish we could compost, but we live in an apartment.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
brussel sprouts, apples, larabars
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
On Christmas morning, every year, my mom slaves away in the kitchen making a huge feast. One year our dog at the time, Lady, jumped up on the table (something she NEVER did) and devoured half of it. True to the Naes family form, we were pissed for 30 seconds and then we set to laughing.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Good Karma Organic Rice Cream: Carrot Cake
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
curry or red pepper flakes
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
30 Minute Veggie Meals by Rachel Ray
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Right now I’d probably make them Pumpkin Black Bean Casserole
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I always cook in the afternoon because that’s the only time of day I have free.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Nothing, as a matter of fact. It fits in a space with a cabinet right above it. In that cabinet, however, there are baking pans and a bag of onions.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Corn, Strawberries, Ezekiel Bread
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Right now I need some fresh veggies. I’m jonesing for yellow squash. I spend most of my time in the grocery in the produce section or the canned bean aisle.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Locally the health food store I go to is called Elbert’s, and I have to supplement it with a trip to Schnucks. In general I recently had my first Whole Foods experience and think that may be it. But you can’t deny Trader Joe’s either.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Eggplant parmesan. I know there are vegan versions out there, but I haven’t gotten around to making it yet.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Blueberries
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Well I guess price wise, the most extravagant thing I bought was Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin english muffins.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Hmmm I’m not sure. I don’t get super fancy with my cooking, so recipes I research are usually pretty basic. I’ll let you know when I come across something?
Vegan Food of the Day
I mentioned them above but I’ll say it again. I love Endangered Species Chocolates. A pretty substantial portion of them are vegan and they are really top quality chocolates. If you’re going to treat yourself, you might as well do it right.
The time is drawing nigh! Comment below, tell me your favorite Vegan chocolate and you’ll be entered to win a month’s supply of YogaVive Apple Chips! You only have until the end of the day, October 8!